About Me

My photo
Fairfield, Nebraska, United States
Welcome to my chasing blog. Feel free to browse around:)

Storm Prediction Center Forecast Products

Nov 6, 2007

Chase Music

Hi! Storm chasing is as you know a heart-pounding, adrenaline surging, roller coaster ride of emotions (when you catch the storm your chasing). Other times, you might as well sit in your vehicle listening to the theme song to "Jeopardy". I'm not here to talk about that instance though. I'm here to talk about enhancing that roller coaster ride. I'm talking about the chase music. I made a CD the other day of different songs i like to listen to when I'm "seeking out" a particular storm (I say "seeking out" because i have not actually gone chasing yet, just mainly watch it and take pictures). I wanted to share my list with you.

Storm Chasing Mega mix

16 - "Respect the Wind" by Van Halen.
This song is alot slower then what i would normally listen to, but its packed with hardcore emotion. This song would be great to listen to during a lull in the action; sitting in your car admiring the breath-taking structure. This song is played during the credits in the movie Twister.

15 - "Block Rockin' Beats" by The Chemical Brothers
This song is kind of different, I put this song on my CD because of the beat. Not many words (at all), and actually I'm starting to wonder why i even put this one on here.

14 - "Hells Bells" by AC/DC
This song--well--it just fits, i guess.

13 - "Humans Being" by Van Halen
How could you not have this one? Its on my favorite movie! "'Bout a mile up there's a little
detour, were gonna take a walk in the woods!" Plus, the guitar solos kick butt.

12 - "Awake" by Godsmack
You'll know this one from the Army commercial, another one i think has alot of power.

11 - "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC
I think this one is pretty much self explanatory.

10 - "Life is a Highway" by Rascal Flatts
Perfect road trip music; 'nuf said.

9 - "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N Roses

8 - "Fuel" by Metallica
Oh, when I burn
Fuel is pumping engines
Burning hard, loose and clean

And then I burn
Turning my direction
Quench my thirst with gasoline


7 - "Thunder" (NASCAR theme song) by David Robidoux
The ultimate chase song, IMO

6 - "Numb" by Rob Zombie
...the savage power of nature...(look up Jarrell Mania on YouTube)

5 - "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins
Need I say more? I think not...

4 - "Action" by Powerman 5000
...see explanation for #7...

3 - "Long Way Down" by the Goo Goo Dolls

2 - "When Worlds Collide" by Powerman 5000

And Last But Not Least--

1 - "Thunder" (NASCAR theme song) [Rock Remix] by David Robidoux

Whew!! That took a little over an hour to do that!
Hope you liked it!

No comments: