About Me

My photo
Fairfield, Nebraska, United States
Welcome to my chasing blog. Feel free to browse around:)

Storm Prediction Center Forecast Products

Nov 17, 2007

Ah, The Joys of the Skew-T Log-P Diagram

Holy cow!! I am mentally drained! Why am I so tired, you ask? Well for starters, I have been working on being able to interpret Skew-T plots. Iv got the lines down, its just how the lines are placed on the plot i don't really understand--well, i do--but not really.
I spent dang near close to 3 hours working with nothing but the Skew-T. One of those hours was spent actually drawing one up myself. I had to free-hand the dry adiabatic lines 'cause i didn't have a...a uh--what do you call 'em--caterpillars? No, that's not it. Capillaries? No, that's not it either. Oh, I remember now! Callipers! Ha ha. I not only drew it up, but labeled it too. Then--on top of that--printed off a current one and labeled it as well. Without looking at the one i had just did. Did pretty well, really.
Wow. When I first wanted to be a storm chaser, I had no idea as to how much learning i had to do. Iv learned a lot, I can tell you that. Compare that to how much i need to lern--I mean, 'learn' (this cant be good...I spelled 'learn' wrong...how ironic!)--I haven't even begun to scratch the surface!

No comments: